LOVELAND, OHIO - Helpful instructions for write-in votes.
The race for Hamilton County Prosecuting Attorney will be decided this year by write-in votes. The only candidates qualified to run as write-in candidates are:
* Melissa Ann Powers
* Joseph T. Deters
* Fanon Rucker
* James Melvin Rueger
1. BEFORE you slide your ballot card into the voting machine, locate the WRITE-IN portion at top of the ballot.
2. In the write-in area PRINT "Prosecutor" or "Pros" under office and the name of the candidate of your choice under Candidate Name.
3. Slide your ballot card into the voting machine, and continue voting as you normally do.
4. When you are done, fold the ballot over and hand it to the election worker as usual.
• You must write the candidate's name, but it is not mandatory to include the office, for the vote to count.
• The name needs to be legible as to the voter's intent. The surname is all that is required. The first name is not required. The Board of Elections will try to determine the voter's intent even if the name is misspelled.
• Any writing instrument can be used and any color ink. A pencil is provided but the voter may use a pen, crayon, marker, or pencil. Rubber stamps cannot be used.
• If you forget or are unsure of the candidate's name, you may ask a poll worker for help. The poll worker will show the list of the valid write-in candidate's names.
• You may ask a poll worker for help at any time.
• If you make a mistake, you may request a replacement ballot (up to two times).
• The Write-In portion of the ballot will be removed by election workers when the ballots arrive at the Board of Elections. It should not be removed before the ballot goes into the ballot box.
This information was gathered by Loveland Magazine with assistance from the Hamilton County Board of Elections and the League of Voters of the Cincinnati Area.
Click here for a printable page of these instructions to take with you to the polls.