MIAMI TOWNSHIP, OHIO - The Miami Township Fire & EMS is partnering with the Hoxworth Blood Center to hold a blood drive on Tuesday, September 4 from 1-7 PM at the Central Fire Station, located at 5888 McPicken Drive just off Business 28.
The Hoxworth Mobile Unit will park at the site and accept donations. All blood donors will receive a pair of tickets to the Cincinnati Reds game on Sunday, Sept. 9 against the Milwaukee Brewers.
“Hoxworth Blood Center needs to collect from 350 volunteer blood donors and 40 volunteer platelet donors each day to keep up with the demands of tri-state hospitals and their patients,” said Miami Township Fire Chief Jim Whitworth. “Donating blood is safe and easy, and is a great way to give back to your community.”
Each donation takes about one hour and could save up to three lives, according to Hoxworth.
The requirements to give blood are:
- Age: At least 17 years old and in good general health. There is no upper age limit.
- Weight: Minimum of 110 pounds.
- Identification: Must provide photo I.D.
- Food: Eat a good meal within four hours before giving.
- Drink: Drink plenty of water or juice before and after donating.
Call the Miami Township Fire & EMS at 248-3700.