Protect Your Children
The Southwest Ohio Air Quality Agency (Agency) has issued a SMOG ALERT for Thursday for the Greater Loveland Area, including: Butler, Clermont, Hamilton and Warren counties in Ohio and Boone, Campbell and Kenton counties in Kentucky.
The Agency expects to see levels of ozone in the “unhealthy for sensitive groups” range on the Air Quality Index (AQI).
Active children and adults, and people with respiratory disease, such as asthma, should limit prolonged outdoor exertion.
- Combine trips or eliminate unnecessary vehicle trips
- Refuel your vehicle after 8 p.m.; do not top off when refueling and tighten the gas cap
- Do not idle your vehicle
- Avoid quick accelerations and sudden stops as they increase fuel consumption
- Avoid use of gasoline-powered lawn equipment
- Avoid use of oil-based paints and stains
- Conserve electricity