Children's Meeting House Montessori School is excited to participate in the 2012 Great Outdoor Weekend (G.O.W.). During the weekend of September 22nd and 23rd, it is expected that 10,000 people will take part in one or more of the free outdoor events coordinated by dozens of organizations across greater Cincinnati, northern Kentucky, and eastern Indiana. The G.O.W. strives to promote outdoor activities that are accessible, engaging, educational and open to the public.
Children's Meeting House Montessori (CMH) School, located just east of downtown Loveland, will be offering six family friendly events on Sunday the 23rd. "We're excited to be a part of the Great Outdoor Weekend offering six events that are educational as well as fun for the whole family," states Veronica Brannen, co-organizer and the school's Outdoor Education Instructor.
- An interactive mist netting program with master bird bander, Lester Peyton. Wild birds will be caught, identified, weighed, sexed, and fitted with a uniquely numbered leg band (9am till noon).
- Shirt painting using natural objects such as leaves, twigs, and flowers to create a unique and colorful t-shirt using non-toxic fabric paint. Participants supply plain shirts (9am till 3pm).
- Raptors INC. will display birds of prey and discuss bird characteristics, adaptations, diet, and conservation (2pm till 3pm).
- Pond exploration at the outdoor learning lab where adults and children, using microscopes and nets, collect and learn about insects and protozoa found in aquatic environments (noon till 3pm).
- A nature hike and scavenger hunt, where butterflies, songbirds, reptiles, and native plants will be spotted and identified (9am till 3pm).
- A marshmallow roast, where families are invited to gather and socialize around a campfire. Vegan and regular marshmallows provided (noon till 3pm).
"We are thrilled to be a part of such a great community building event," says Head of School,
CMH School has events that are open to the public happening throughout the day on Sunday, September 23 beginning at 9:00 a.m. CMH School is located just east of downtown Loveland, at 927 O'Bannonville Road.
More information on the school activities can be found at: www.facebook.com/ChildrensMeetingHouseMontessoriSchoolLovelandOH.
In addition to CMH School, Loveland has several other local organizations that are participating the G.O.W., including Granny's Garden School, the Izaak Walton League, Grailville, and Little Miami Inc. For more information about the Great Outdoor Weekend visit: www.cincygreatoutdoorweekend.org.