Sunday, September 23, 1-5 PM
Loveland, Ohio - Granny's Harvest Celebration is a "Family Fun Event" where they invite everyone in the community to come enjoy the school gardens and join in some old-fashion, low tech, fun and games with the family.
Some of what you can expect:
- Kids can help harvest produce and/or plant garlic (1-2 p.m.)
- Arts Institute of Ohio, Cincinnati Chefs cooking up tasty creations (1-3 p.m.)
- Mark from VegHead (3-5 p.m.)
- Kid’s activities: hula hoops, scavenger, take apart table
- Pick a bouquet
- Make your own scarecrow - They provide the frame and straw. You provide the clothes. (1-3 p.m.)
- Learn about raising chickens in your own backyard. Pumpkins, gourds, mums from Blooms & Berries
- Floral arranging with flowers from the gardens
- Self-serve Rummage Sale
- Make your own Veggie Sandwich
- Veggie Dessert: Get your creative juices flowing and look to the vegetable garden for ingredients for sweet treat recipes. This is a fun challenge, no financial rewards but lots of fun. Recipe must contain at least one vegetable. Email Granny for information about entering.
- Catch up with friends and meet new neighbors at this free event.
- Stroll through the gardens, take a walk on the nature trail.
- Please bring canned goods to donated to L.I.F.E. (the Loveland food pantry)
Granny's Garden School is a separate 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization funded by individual donations, foundation grants and various fundraisers. They are now one of the largest and most comprehensive school garden programs in the country. Their services are provided to Loveland City Schools free of charge.