2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more. Learn more about your local 2-1-1 by looking it up here.
It is a free 24-hour service so you get the help you need when you need it. *
It will immediately forward you to the local 211 center, which will then direct your call to the appropriate agency when you need:
- Information about human service agencies
- Food and shelter providers
- Child care resources
- Special services for seniors
- Volunteer opportunities
- County and city information
- … plus much more!
Why is 211 good for Ohio?
One number to call to get information about community services: no more guessing or unnecessary calls.
- Reduces inappropriate 911 calls.
- Ensures that callers are directed to the appropriate agency.
- Reduces the frustration of making multiple calls.
- 24-hour service gets you the help you need when you need it.
*Some businesses and institutions have chosen to "block" the dialing of three-digit (N11) numbers other than 9-1-1 by their employees/customers. As a result, people dialing 211 from some businesses may not yet be able to gain access to the 211 service center. Ohio AIRS/211 Ohio Collaborative are working to resolve these limitations as soon as feasibly possible.