For Graduating Seniors of Loveland High School
Loveland Schools Foundation announces that scholarship applications are now being accepted for the eight scholarships being offered this year. The scholarships will be awarded to graduating seniors of Loveland High School who intend to continue their education at a vocational school or two or four year accredited university or college. Foundation scholarship giving is based on the applicant’s demonstrated ability to succeed in the course anticipated, character, determination to complete the course, grades, participation in school and community activities, and financial need. All considerations being equal, financial need is the determining factor. The recipient must meet any specific scholarship requirements.
Following is a list of the scholarships being presented this year. Students should check with the high school guidance department for applications.
- Fred A. Bingaman, Sr. Scholarship - $1,000.00 for one year. No specific major stated.
- LUNF Scholarship (Let Us Never Forget) - $4,000.00 for one year.
- Loveland High School Class of 1972 Scholarship - $500.00 for one year.
- Captain Seth Mitchell Memorial Scholarship – $4,000.00 for one year.
- John J. Ogg. Scholarship – $1,500.00, for one year. Specific major listed: Chemistry, physics, engineering, or other physical science.
- Smith/Shannon Scholarship – 3 $1,000.00 scholarships each for one year. No specific major stated.
The Loveland Schools Foundation, a 505 (c) (3) not for profit organization was established in 2000 to support the academic programs of the Loveland City School District. The scholarship program began in 2001 and has run consecutively for 13 years.
For additional information about the work of the Loveland Schools Foundation or to find out how you can become a member or take an active part, please call the Foundation Office at 513-774-6228 or email LSF@lovelandschools.org.