Draw or paint a picture and win the Library’s Teen Drawing Contest.
Theme: “Fan Art!” Create art inspired by a story or book.
- Black and white or color drawing or painting.
- No larger than 15” X 20” (no digital submissions or computer generated images will be considered).
- Up to five drawings may be submitted and an entry form must accompany each individual drawing. Entry forms also available at all Library locations.
- Entries will be judged on creativity, style, drawing ability and how well the artwork reflects the contest theme.
- Winning and honorable mention artists will be notified in February.
When: Drawings must be submitted between January 1 and January 31, 2014.
- Hand delivered to any Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County location.
- Mailed to:
Teen Drawing Contest/TeenSpot
Public Library of Cincinnati & Hamilton County
800 Vine Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
- First, second and third place winners, along with twelve honorable mention winners, will be selected from teens ages 12–14 and ages 15–18.
- Honorable mention winners from each category will receive an award certificate and ribbon.
- First, second and third place winners from each category will receive art supplies, award certificate, ribbon, and a Chipotle gift card.
- First place winners in each age category will receive a gift certificate for a free year of membership that covers all programs at the Elementz Urban Arts Center.
- All winners and honorable mentions will be recognized at an awards reception to be held at the Main Library in March.
Things to Do
- Attend one of the drawing programs led by an instructor from Elementz
- Read a book from our Get it on Paper: Books about Drawing booklist
- Take a look at these Fan Art websites