Members of Congress nominate young people for admission to the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, the Naval Academy, the Air Force Academy, and the Merchant Marine Academy. The U.S. Service Academies offer young men and women to serve their country while receiving an education and developing valuable leadership skills.
To be considered for a nomination to one of the United States Service Academies by U.S. Representative Brad Wenstrup ((513) 474-7777), your packet must be received by the Cincinnati District Office by 5 PM on September 26th. Your completed file must contain the following:
1. Completed Application Form
2. High School Transcript – Transcript must include all course work, GPA, and class rank.
3. Standardized Test Scores – Please provide official scores from the ACT or SAT, or both, as reflected on a school transcript or in official documentation from ACT or SAT.
4. High School Recommendation – Please provide a letter of recommendation written by your Guidance Counselor or High School Principal.
5. Letters of Recommendation – Please provide 2 additional letters of recommendation
6. Community & School Activity List – Please list all school, athletic, and community activities and other significant accomplishments/awards.
7. Essay – Please provide an essay (300 words or less) outlining why you want to attend a United States Service Academy and then serve in the military as a commissioned officer.
8. Interview – All applicants will be required to attend an interview session conducted by our Academy Panel. Dates, times, and locations will be determined at a later date.
9. Photograph – Please provide a current 5x7 photograph.
10. Deadline – Send the above information by September 26th.
The nomination materials referenced above are SEPARATE AND DISTINCT from the application materials you must submit directly to the academies.
Please make sure to also begin your pre-candidate file with each academy to which you plan to make application.