Milford’s 9th Annual Art Affaire Set for September 27
The Greater Milford Area Historical Society (GMAHS) will present the 9th Annual Art Affaire on Saturday, September 27, 2014 (11 am to 5 PM). This free, open to the public rain or shine event, will be held on the grounds of Promont House Museum, 906 Main Street, Milford, Ohio 45150.
This year’s Art Affaire features art, music, authors, food, and a raffle including art objects and other items, plus a special photography exhibit:
· Over 65 juried local and regional artists will be exhibiting and selling original works in painting, drawing, photography, paper, collage, ceramics/clay, sculpture, wood, glass, mosaics, mixed media, jewelry, wearable art, fiber art, and basketry.
· A number of artists, including the Ohio Valley Woodturners Guild, will be demonstrating in their booths; and, the New Richmond Alpaca Farm will participate with a display of live alpaca.
· Live musical entertainment will include The Melissa Smith Group, New Horizons Dixieland Band (also known as Hits and Misses), Wild Carrot and more.
· A book signing will feature local authors and their recent publications.
· Festival-friendly food will be provided by Lehr’s Prime Market, The Bite Restaurant, and sweetFrog® premium frozen yogurt; with, beverages from Steamin’ Joes.
· An Objet d'art raffle will include works by Art Affaire artists as well as a variety of donated items from local businesses and organizations; and, a 50-50 split the pot raffle will be run with half the net proceeds going to one lucky winner.
· The Greater Loveland Historical Society will feature a collection of Nancy Ford Cones photographs. Cones was a nationally recognized photographer and longtime Loveland resident whose works were featured in magazines and publications from 1898 through the 1930’s.
“Each year we work on enhancing Art Affaire based on the feedback and recommendations of our sponsors, our artists and the local community,” said Donna Amann, administrator, Greater Milford Area Historical Society. “This year’s event will include a remarkable exhibition and selected sale featuring the Nancy Ford Cones photography collection. A new element for Art Affaire, the Cones exhibit will be presented in cooperative partnership with the Greater Loveland Historical Society. Art Affaire truly is a celebration of art, music, literature, history, food and more, and we’re looking forward to providing this event to the local community.”
The venue for Art Affaire is the grounds of Promont House Museum, a Victorian mansion circa 1865 and the former home of John M. Pattison, Ohio’s 43rd Governor. Promont is owned and operated by GMAHS, and the museum features period furnishings, a reference library, changing exhibits, and a gift shop. Docent-led tours will not be available during Art Affaire; however, the first floor of the house will be open (admission $1 per adult) for the Cones exhibit and walk-through visitors.
Proceeds from the event support the GMAHS Scholarship Fund as well as other GMAHS programming.
General admission to Art Affaire is free with visitor parking available in the State Route 28/Main Street side of the Kroger parking lot (782-784 Main Street between cross streets Baker Drive and Kirgan Lane), Milford. A shuttle will run continuously throughout the day between the parking lot and Art Affaire.