The Southwest Ohio Air Quality Agency (Agency) has issued an Air Quality Advisory for Monday, September 7, 2015 for Butler, Clermont, Hamilton, and Warren counties in Ohio and Boone, Campbell, and Kenton counties in Kentucky.
The Agency expects to see levels of ozone in the “Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups” range of 110 on the Air Quality Index (AQI).
|Air Quality Index (AQI)|
|Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups|
Health Message: Active children and adults, and people with lung disease, such as asthma, should reduce prolonged or heavy exertion outdoors.
On Air Quality Advisory days, everyone can help reduce ozone formation by taking the following actions:
- Take the bus, carpool, bike, or walk instead of drive.
- Refuel your vehicle after 8 p.m.; do not top off when refueling and tighten the gas cap.
- Do not idle your vehicle; exhaust contributes considerably to ozone formation.
- Combine trips or eliminating unnecessary vehicle trips.
- Keep your vehicle maintained with properly inflated tires and timely oil changes.
- Avoid use of gasoline-powered lawn equipment on Air Quality Advisory days.
- Avoid use of oil-based paints and stains on Air Quality Advisory days.
- Never burning leaves or other yard trimmings.
- Suspend use of fire pits, campfires and charcoal grills on Air Quality Advisory days.
- Conserve electricity by turning out lights and unplugging unused appliances and electronics.