Active children and adults, people with heart and lung disease, including asthma, and older adults should reduce prolonged or heavy outdoor exertion.
Air Quality Forecast is 105 AQI for Sunday, August 9
The Southwest Ohio Air Quality Agency (Agency) has extended the Air Quality Alert for Sunday, August 9 for Butler, Clermont, Hamilton and Warren counties in Ohio; Boone, Campbell, and Kenton counties in Kentucky; and Dearborn County in Indiana.The Agency expects to see levels of ozone in the “unhealthy for sensitive groups” range
You can help protect those most vulnerable
• Take the bus, carpool, bike or walk instead of driving
• Refuel your vehicle after 8 p.m.; do not top off when refueling and tighten the gas cap
• Avoid idling your vehicle
• Combine trips or eliminate unnecessary vehicle trips
• Keep your vehicle maintained with properly inflated tires and timely oil changes
• Avoid use of gasoline-powered lawn equipment on Air Quality Advisory days
• Avoid use of oil-based paints and stains on Air Quality Advisory days
• Never burn leaves or other yard trimmings
• Always burn clean, seasoned wood in outdoor fire pits, fireplaces and wood stoves
• Do not use fire pits or fireplaces for non-essential home heating on Air Quality Advisory days
• Conserve electricity
You can check the current air quality by clicking on this image and entering a ZIP Code.
If you find that having this type of local news adds value to your quality of life, kindly consider contributing to the cost of producing it.