Active children and adults, people with heart and lung disease, including asthma, and older adults should reduce prolonged or heavy outdoor exertion.
Air Quality Forecast for Friday July 3 until Sunday July 5
The Southwest Ohio Air Quality Agency has issued an Air Quality Alert for Friday, July 3, 2020 through Sunday, July 5, 2020 for Butler, Clermont, Hamilton, and Warren counties in Ohio; Boone, Campbell, and Kenton counties in Kentucky; and Dearborn County in Indiana.
You can help protect those most vulnerable
You can help the situation locally by not using fire pits, lighting campfires, charcoal grills, or setting off fireworks.
If you conserve electricity by turning out lights and unplugging unused appliances and electronics during the alert it will reduce the demand for coal-burning power plants in our region.
- Take the bus, carpool, bike, or walk instead of drive.
- Refuel your vehicle after 8 p.m.; do not top off when refueling and tighten the gas cap.
- Do not idle your vehicle; exhaust contributes considerably to ozone formation.
- Combine trips or eliminating unnecessary vehicle trips.
- Keep your vehicle maintained with properly inflated tires and timely oil changes.
- Avoid use of gasoline-powered lawn equipment on Air Quality Alert days.
- Avoid use of oil-based paints and stains on Air Quality Alert days.
- Never burn leaves or other yard trimmings.
- Suspend use of fire pits, campfires and charcoal grills on Air Quality Alert days.
- Conserve electricity by turning out lights and unplugging unused appliances and electronics.