by Cassie Mattia
Loveland, Ohio – Spring has sprung which means the Easter Bunny will be paying Loveland a visit very soon! What better way to celebrate Easter than by giving back to those in need within the community. Join Loveland Magazine and the Little Miami River Chamber Alliance (LMRCA) for the Easter Weekend Food drive benefiting LIFE Food Pantry!
Easter weekend, for me, is one of the most coveted times to make memories with my family as we come together to enjoy a nice home-cooked meal and exchange Easter baskets filled with goodies. This year, I wanted to make sure that families less fortunate had the opportunity to celebrate Easter like my family and myself have been lucky enough to do for the past several decades. I knew that Loveland’s local food pantry, LIFE, was in desperate need of food donations as this time of year is often a slower time for incoming donations. I had chatted back and forth with some of the wonderful women from LIFE a couple of months ago and promised them that I would find a way to organize a food drive. I searched my brain for those that would be interested in joining me to help make this food drive happen. That’s when I thought, “I should ask CeeCee Collins and Meredith Taylor from the LMRCA to help me make this food drive a reality!” I emailed CeeCee and Meredith and explained my vision and seconds later they were on board! I was overcome with joy!
Over the past several weeks, Meredith, CeeCee, and I have worked hard to make this unbelievable Easter Weekend Food Drive the best it could possibly be, and needless to say, I couldn’t be happier with what we have in store for the Food Drive! Loveland Magazine, the LMRCA, and LIFE would love nothing more than all of those within our amazing community to come out on April 16th between 10 a.m-5 p.m and donate to the Easter Weekend Food Drive!
Here are some important Easter Weekend Food Drive details:
- We will be stationed next to the historic clock tower in Downtown Loveland right along the Loveland Bike Trail. You will see our decked Easter-themed tent!
- You may pull your vehicle into the “Carry-Out” Parking spots next to where we will have our tent and we can easily grab your donations straight from your vehicle! You won’t even have to leave your vehicle if you so choose!
- Each week LIFE lists on their website homepage their current donation needs so before you stop by our Food Drive to donate check out their list here!
- If you can’t make our Easter Weekend Food Drive or would just simply rather donate money to LIFE you can do so by scanning the QR code below, although we would love to see all of your smiling faces in person at the Food Drive!
- There will also be another Easter Weekend Food Drive donation box at The Works Pizza so feel free to drop off donations there as well if you’re looking to grab a pizza on your way out!
- Be sure to bring the kids as we will be handing out candy-filled Easter eggs!
We hope to see all of you at the Easter Weekend Food Drive! If you have any questions about the Easter Weekend Food Drive please contact me, Cassie Mattia, or Meredith Taylor! Help us help those in need have a beautiful Easter too!
For the latest Loveland community events stay tuned to the Loveland Salad With ME, Cassie Mattia!
Columnist Cassie Mattia is a resident of Historic Downtown Loveland and Director of Marketing for Loveland Magazine. Contact her if you are interested in promoting your event or business in Loveland Magazine. Cassie also Emcee’s events so feel free to reach out if you are in need of an Emcee for your next event, fundraiser, or sports-related competition. Cassie was just awarded the Little Miami River Chamber Alliance 2021 Young Business Professional of the Year.
You must log in to post a comment.