Each December, the Adopt a Senior program at Clermont Senior Services, brings holiday cheer to over 600 older adults in our community.
The process is so simple, here’s how it works:
- Call the Volunteer Coordinator to be matched with a gift recipient.
- You will receive a “wishlist” of items the recipient needs/wants, this list is only a suggestion. Many of the items requested are everyday items we often take for granted.
- You purchase and wrap gifts for your recipient.
- You drop off your wrapped gifts to one of our drop-off locations and volunteers will deliver them in December.
There are a few other ways you can donate during the holiday season:
- Purchase gift pantry items: Donors/groups can purchase personal care items, cleaning supplies, sheets, hats, scarves, gloves, bath robes, incontinence supplies or kitchen goods to the pantry. These products are just an example of the needs of those in our community. Our Case Managers will identify customers in need of these supplies and will facilitate delivery.
- Donate gift bags: Donors may put together their own gift bags, filled with personal care items for either a male or female.
- Cash donations: These donations will be used to purchase grocery gift cards or large tag items.
- Gift cards: Donors or groups may purchase grocery or store gift cards that will be given by case managers to our customers.
Items must be dropped off by December 3
To adopt a senior or contribute in any of the ways mentioned above, call Kathy Angel at 513-536-4021