“Kings Island Park will open first to Season Passholders only, and will operate with stringent hygiene protocols, procedures to manage capacity and enable social distancing.”
Mason, Ohio – Kings Island has announced this morning that they will be open initially for Season Passholders only and shortly thereafter for daily ticketholders.
- Park Open to Season Passholders: July 2 – 11
- Park Open to Season Passholders and Daily Ticketholders: Beginning Sunday, July 12
“We are ready to welcome our guests back to Kings Island for some long-overdue fun,” said Mike Koontz, General Manager of Kings Island in a news release. “The safety of our guests and associates has always been and will always be our top priority. The park’s new health and safety protocols align with CDC recommendations, and have been shaped by information from company and industry health and safety experts, along with our state and local government officials.”
The Park says there are new protocols to create a safe and clean environment and include:
- A new online reservation system; each guest is required to have a reservation prior to their visit to enable capacity management;
- A requirement to complete a pre-visit health screening declaration 24 hours prior to admission;
- A touchless temperature screening prior to entering the facility for both guests and associates;
- Requirements for all guests, associates and vendors to wear masks as directed by the protocols
- Social distancing markers throughout the park, including ride queue lines;
- Limited guest/associate contact;
- Enhanced cleaning procedures, including additional deep cleaning and sanitization of restrooms, dining facilities and other busy areas;
- Additional hand sanitization stations; and
- Capacity management throughout the park.
The park will initially open to Season Passholders with limited capacity and hours. Kings Island will be sending emails to passholders, inviting them to begin making reservations. Only passholders will be able to make reservations for at least the first week; daily ticket reservations will open within the next two weeks.
An opening date for Soak City Water Park is to be determined.
All guests are asked to download Kings Island’s free mobile app to make a reservation and facilitate their park visit. 2020 Season Passes have been extended to through 2021.
Employment opportunities are currently available throughout the park, and a virtual hiring process has been deployed so applicants can apply and interview remotely. Openings can be found at www.visitkingsisland.com/jobs.