“We are very excited about the upcoming school year and our ability to better serve our students this year.”
by Terri Rogers,
As we move into the 2015-2016 school year, The Loveland Initiative is LOOKING FOR (2) VOLUNTEER PROJECT LEADERS investing in our children lives as we strive to make them better through educational success. The rewards of being that person are the smiles on kids’ faces and their body language that tells you that they are proud of what they have done.
Students at Loveland Intermediate School (5th-6th grade) are getting the chance to spend time with tutors, learn life lessons and have some fun along the way. It’s all part of Cool School and it’s possible because of the efforts of the Loveland Initiative.
The Loveland Intermediate Cool School Enrichment Program is an after-school support program designed for at-risk kids in 5th-6th grades who need individual tutoring, have behavior challenges, or who just benefit from extra help with reading, writing and math. But it does more than that. It provides attention to those students who need that extra caring and supportive touch. High School students, college students, and members of the community freely give of their time to offer that kind of support.
Cool School meets twice a week throughout the school year, Tuesday’s and Thursdays 2:30pm-4:30pm. The program starts TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 15, 2015.
Job Description/ Cool School Enrichment Program
- Coordinate the development of the after school tutoring working directly with the Executive Director
- Coordinate a structured, interactive, safe after-school program
- Coordinate schedules; supervising the tutoring sessions
- Organize and develop Advisory Committee with parents.
- Coordinate the various programs, academics, activities, etc.
- Perform major project administrative duties
- Develop needs assessments, surveys, and class evaluation
- Develop newsletters about course offerings and activities
- Making sure the snack is served
- Keeping track of materials and all setup and cleanup of the facility.
- Develop and maintain a database with attendance records and activities for reporting and evaluation purposes
If you are interested in devoting your time and effort to make sure that the students are academically successful in life Please contact me for more information about this program.
We look forward to hearing from you. Terri Rogers, director of the Cool School program at 513-739-2354 or by email at email@example.com.
We are very excited about the upcoming school year and our ability to better serve our students this year. Please visit the Loveland Initiative’s website at lovelandinitiative.com.