by Cassie Mattia
Loveland, Ohio – It’s that time of year again to honor the L.H.S student-athlete Seniors as we send them on their way to play collegiate sports at the conclusion of this school year!
L.H.S’s National College Signing Day was held on November 12th at 2:30 PM, in the legendary Tiger gymnasium. Although the Loveland Athletic Department tried to make the ceremony as normal as they could for the student-athletes they did send out COVID-19 safety precautions so that everyone attending would feel as comfortable as possible. Below are some of the safety precautions L.H.S took for the National Signing Day ceremony:
1. Athletes, please e-mail Ms. Brulport the number of family members attending. We need to know this for seating and contact tracing.
2. Your family and student-athlete will be assigned seating in our Main Gym Bleachers. Please look for the placard with your child’s name on it. You will be socially distanced from other families.
3. No congregating is allowed prior to, during, OR after the ceremony. All families must leave immediately following the ceremony.
4. Face coverings ARE REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES.
5. No group photos of the student-athletes together is permitted. Only pictures of the student-athlete, with their family, will be taken.
6. There will be NO student body allowed. This is for immediate family ONLY, plus 1 coach.
The L.H.S National Signing Day ceremony turned out to be quite the event as the Tiger student-athletes’ coaches, parents and family members celebrated the Seniors’ achievements and wished them the best of luck in their future college endeavors! The following Senior student-athletes signed to participate in athletics and get a college education in 2021!
Photos and Graphics provided by the Loveland Athletic Department.
Sarah Lolli signed to compete in Water Polo at Indiana University.
Connor Ruble signed to play Tennis at Wittenberg University.
Lauren Donovan signed to play soccer at the University of Minnesota.
Carly Wilhoite signed to play lacrosse at the University of Tampa.
Hanna Wenger signed to play lacrosse at the University of Central Michigan.
Josey Storm signed to play lacrosse at Notre Dame College.
Sherron Peacock signed to compete in Bowling at Tiffin University.
Brock Perkins signed to play baseball at Bluffton University.
Spencer Rodriguez signed to play baseball at Clark State Community.
Jenna Batsch signed to play basketball at Kent State University.
We would like to take the time to congratulate these OUTSTANDING Tiger student-athletes for getting the opportunity to fine-tune their crafts at the collegiate level! It has been a joy watching each and every one of you thrive as students and excel as athletes. We will be cheering all of you on as you take the next step in your athletic and education journey! LONG LIVE THE LOVELAND TIGERS! GOOD LUCK SENIORS!
For more of the Sports 411 with me, Cassie Mattia stay tuned!