Loveland, Ohio – It’s not too early to start thinking about Valentine’s in the land of love! Nominate a local lady to serve as 2023’s Valentine Lady or submit original artwork to the theme of “There is nothing in the world so sweet as love.” Nominations are due by November 18 to the chamber office.
Nominate a local lady to serve as 2023’s Valentine lady by submitting your letter of recommendation to the LMRCA office or by emailing us at [email protected].
Little Miami River Chamber Alliance | 113 Karl Brown Way, Loveland, OH 45140
Valentine Lady History
The Valentine Program began in 1972 and has grown over the years to include a variety of Valentine community activities, as well as our nationally-known cachet stamping and postmark program.
Valentine Ladies are women who have distinguished themselves in community, school, or family endeavors. Being nominated for Valentine Lady is quite an honor!
The Valentine Lady is the ambassador for the Chamber’s Valentine Program, and visits area businesses, nursing homes, and schools, among her duties as Valentine Lady.
Annual Valentine Card Design
Original artwork may be submitted by any individual who is interested!
- Artwork must reflect or incorporate the theme: “Love is…..” and must also include (or provide space for) the phrase, “There is nothing in this world so sweet as love.” One-color, two-color and full-color entries are acceptable.
- Artwork must be flat (two-dimensional) and reduce proportionately to fit within a 5 inch by 3 ¾ inch space, the size of the printed Valentine’s Day cards.
- All entries must be submitted in person to the Little Miami River Chamber Alliance at 113 Karl Brown Way, Loveland, OH 45140 or by mail to the Little Miami River Chamber, 113 Karl Brown Way, Loveland, OH 45140.
- Submit artwork for the design contest (deadline is November 18, 2022).
- Entry forms and contest rules are available at the Little Miami River Chamber Alliance, 113 Karl Brown Way, Loveland, OH 45140. If you would like one sent to you, please call the Little Miami River Chamber Alliance at 683-1544.
- The winner will receive design credit on the back of the 2023 Valentine’s Day cards, recognition at the Valentine Kick off, other local recognition, media recognition and two complimentary invitations to the Little Miami River Chamber Alliance Annual Valentine Breakfast.
- Entries not selected may be picked up after December 10, 2022.
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the current Valentine lady is serving a 2-year term.
Nominations will begin in the fall of 2022 for the 2023 Valentine lady.
These women are chosen by community nomination, then picked by a committee of the Little Miami River Chamber Alliance. Stay connected with them through the Valentine Ladies on Facebook.
2021-2022: Jeannie Schumaker
2020: Debbie Murray
2019: Dr. Kathy Lorenz
2018: Kay Bolin
2017: Carol Williams
2016: Laurie Gordon
2015: Sue Lundy
2014: Janis Fogle
2013: Marge Henderson
2012: Jan Ranard
2011: Avery (Winkie) Foster
2010: Bonnie Larson
2009: Linda Cox
2008: Kay Napier
2007: Sue Newburger
2006: Peggy Goodwin
2005: Lu Boike
2004: Helen Gosch
2003: Kathryn Undercoffer
2002: Patricia Furterer
2001: Marirose Stiver
2000: Anne Fowler
1999: Winona Franz
1998: Barbara Dee
1997: Bobbie Books
1996: Jo Ann Richardson
1995: Mary McDonnell
1994: Margaret Keifer
1993: Kathryn Sidney
1992: Doris Osborne
1991: Martha Hockman
1990: Rose Wene
1989: Pat Randolph
1982-88: Ruth Jackson (Doris’s daughter)
1982: Doris Pfiester
You must log in to post a comment.