Loveland, Ohio – Ohioans can receive assistance with rent, mortgage, or utilities from the state of Ohio, through their local Community Action Agency (CAA). Check if you are eligible and apply at your local CAA. A list of agencies can be found at the bottom of this page.
When applying for assistance, you should be prepared to provide the following information:
- Names of all household members
- Date(s) of birth
- Social Security Number(s), if applicable
- Current or previous address
- Copies of Social Security cards, or verification for each household member, if applicable
- Proof of income for all household members 18 years or older
- Any supporting documentation to demonstrate need
- Proof of hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic
Any federal unemployment stipend is excluded from determining a household’s benefit.
To receive Rental Assistance, you will also need to provide:
- Total amount due, including fees
- If moving to a new location, justification for the move (i.e. currently homeless, living with another family and not sufficient space etc.)
- Landlord contact information and lease/rental agreement
To receive Mortgage Assistance, you will also need to provide:
- Notice of late mortgage payment (including taxes and insurance)
To receive Utility Assistance, you will also need to provide:
- Copy of utility bill
Ohio’s Community Action Agencies
Ohio’s Community Action Agencies work with the Ohio Development Services Agency to provide assistance to Ohioans in need. To apply for mortgage, rent, and/or utility bill assistance including gas, electric, bulk fuel, water/sewer, and trash, contact the Community Action Agency that serves your county.
To find your local Community Action Agency, click here or see the list below.List of Community Action Agencies
If you have additional questions, send a message at EnergyHelp@Development.Ohio.Gov or call 800-282-0880.