The Loveland Stage Company is seeking a knowledgeable person for the position of Treasurer. Starting not later than October 1, 2020.
The Loveland Stage Company (LSC) is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) corporation with annual revenue in excess of $100,000. The organization is dedicated to serving our community by providing quality theater and performing arts experiences. The group has been in existence for over 40 years and operates out of a historic building in the picturesque town of Loveland, Ohio. The group produces 4-5 major plays a year, as well as hosting a summer youth-camp program and a Christmas Show. The all-volunteer company is full of talented, dedicated and fun people who all share a passion for live theater.
The Treasurer is responsible for providing financial direction to and maintaining the financial books and records for the Loveland Stage Company. The Treasurer is an appointed member of the Board of Directors. The preferred candidate will have accounting background and skills. Knowledge of non-profits is a bonus!
As Treasurer, you will have these tasks
- Maintain the financial books and records of the Loveland Stage Company. (QuickBooks is the financial software used, and a copy is provided.)
- Disburse funds for all expenses (usually via online banking).
- Present financial position of the Company at monthly Board meetings.
- Advise the LSC on annual and per-show budgets to maintain sound fiscal stability of the organization as well as accounting and tax related requirements.
- Prepare (or assist) year-end filings for Federal and State agencies, as required by law including Tax Return (Form 990) and 1099s.
- Maintain banking and other financially related relationships. (Banking – GE Credit Union, Paypal, utilities accounts, etc.)
- Check PO Box at Loveland Post Office about once a week.
Generally, the position of Treasurer entails a few hours per week making payments and/or deposits and maintain appropriate entries in Quickbooks. Monthly reports are prepared with the accounting software. Board meetings are once a month and generally take about 2 hours. At the moment meetings are Virtual, but eventually the in-person type will resume.
The current Treasurer will be available to help with the transition and can answer questions about procedures. The position “officially” begins on October 1st of 2020, but the transition can start asap.
Please consider joining our Group. We would love to have you!!
Bob Kessler, LSC Building Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org, 513-403-2009
Dave Marcus, LSC President: email@example.com. 513-470-5575