“The Asylum” at Simpson Farm – It’s that time of year when scares and frights are near! Welcome to Loveland Magazine’s Haunted Asylum hosted by me, Skeletor!
On a spooky October night Loveland Magazine’s Editor-in-Chief, David Miller, was held hostage at The Simpson Farm’s Asylum! Over the past couple of decades, The Asylum has been said to be extremely haunted by evil spirits begging to be released from their Asylum cells. I could have decided to save Mr. Miller from his cell in The Asylum but instead, my inner “Skeletor” came out and forced me to keep him in his cell without food and water.
While torturing Mr. Miller an idea popped into my skull; why not share my favorite scary movies with those in the community that happen to have the same love for Halloween as I do!
So sit back, turn off the lights, grab some ghostly treats, and take a walk with me, Skeletor, along Simpson Farm’s The Asylum, as I show you where I keep my prisoners and talk about what scary movies I think would complete a perfect October “Fright Night!” Click the video below to start “The Asylum” experience!
HERE IS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT MY SPOOKY MOVIE RECOMMENDATIONS…
- Halloween, 1978, John Carpenter
- Starring Donald Pleasence as Dr. Loomis, Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie, and Tony Moran as Michael Myers
- Rated R
- You can rent this film on Prime Video for 3.99, Redbox On Demand for 1.99, or watch on Shudder when you download for a free 7-day trial
- Hocus Pocus, 1993, Kenny Ortega
- Starring Better Midler as Winifred Sanderson, Sarah Jessica Parker as Sarah Sanderson, Kathy Najimy as Mary Sanderson, Thora Birch as Dani, Omri Katz as Max, Vinessa Shaw as Allison
- Rated PG
- You can watch this film on Disney + or you can rent this film on Prime Video, YouTube, or Vudu for 2.99 YouTube. You can also visit your local Redbox and rent this film for 1.80
- Insidious, 2010, James Wan and Leigh Whannell
- Starring Patrick Wilson as Josh Lambert, Rose Byrne as Renai Lambert, Barbara Hershey as Lorraine Lambert, Lin Shaye as Elise Rainer, Ty Simpkins as Dalton Lambert, Leigh Whannell as Specs, and Angus Sampson as Tucker
- Rated PG-13
- You can rent this film on Prime Video for 2.99 or on Redbox On Demand for 2.99
- There are 3 more films within this series: Insidious Chapter 2, Insidious Chapter 3, and Insidious: The Last Key
- All of the films are rated PG-13
- You can rent the 3 other films in the series on Redbox on Demand for 2.99 or if you have a cable subscription that includes Bravo you can watch Insidious: The Last Key on the Bravo Now App
- It is recommended that you watch the Insidious film series in the following order: Insidious Chapter 3, Insidious: The Last Key, Insidious, and Insidious Chapter 2
From all of us at Loveland Magazine…Have a safe and Happy Halloween!