Calling all 3rd, 4th & 5th graders. The Hamilton County Emergency Management and Homeland Security Agency’s 6th Annual #SevereWeather Poster Contest has kicked off and they want your submissions.
The 1st place winner will get the chance to report the weather with WCPO’s Steve Raleigh. The 2nd place winner will receive a disaster preparedness kit from American Red Cross.
For rules & info, visit: http://hamiltoncountyohioema.org/swaw/#Cincinnati#WCPO#Cincy#Ohio
Have questions? Contact Becca Doris: [email protected]
- Entry is open to all Hamilton County elementary school students in GRADES 3, 4, AND 5 in public, private, and charter schools, as well as any students being homeschooled.
- Poster theme should depict what severe weather in Ohio means to the student and/or what actions to take to prepare and stay safe.
- Creativity is the key. Individual work is encouraged. Posters with stencils, traced, computer- generated or commercially manufactured stick-on lettering or images will be disqualified.
- Poster should be no larger than 11”x14.” Those larger than the identified size may be disqualified.
- Students should use only crayon, markers, colored pencils, or watercolor/acrylic paint.
When creating your poster, focus on one of the following themes:
- Severe weather in Hamilton County
- Snow Emergencies
- Importance of Siren/Warning Alerts
- Preparedness (kits, emergency plans)
- Extreme Heat
- Pet Protection During Disasters
You must log in to post a comment.