About The Changing Spaces Campaign
- Spread Awareness within our communities about the lack of appropriate changing facilities for older children and adults with the medical need to use incontinence supplies
- Advocate for height-adjustable adult size changing tables in public restroom facilities
- Connect with sports arenas, large assembly spaces, large stores, parks, etc., to encourage them to install universal changing tables
- Educate and train new advocates
- Introduce Legislation in our cities and states in collaboration with local and state government leaders
The Ohio Chapter of the Changing Spaces Campaign is led by Advocates and Jennifer Corcoran and Kim Boulter.
Contact them to join their advocacy efforts in Ohio!
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: Changing Spaces Ohio – Adult Changing Table Awareness
Advocacy In Ohio
The Ohio Chapter is led by advocates Jennifer Corcoran and Kim Boulter. They were inspired to start this advocacy because of their own struggles to care for their sons while away from home.
Both advocates are mothers to sons who have a disability, and have the need for accessible changing spaces.
Jennifer Corcoran has led the way in advocating for adult changing stations in Ohio. She has collaborated with her representatives to introduce concurrent bills in the Ohio Senate and the Ohio House of Representatives. Unfortunately, neither bill passed. However, she is still making a big difference in Ohio with her advocacy.
Read the proposed Ohio bill here.
Jennifer is working with her county board of Developmental disabilities to install over 10 universal changing tables in the Dayton, Ohio area. Jennifer also served on the International Code Council’s special committee to develop building code for Adult Changing Stations. These standards will be published in the 2024 International Building Code, and serve as a model for adult changing stations across the USA.
In 2022 Kim Boulter joined the Changing Spaces Campaign and is focusing her advocacy on the Central Ohio area. Together, these advocates hope to grow the Ohio campaign and spread awareness of this issue across the state.
Adult Changing Table Locations in Ohio
- Cincinnati Airport (CVG), Near gate B13
- The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium near Stingray Bay
- Cincinnati Zoo
- Cincinnati Museum Center
- We Rock the Spectrum, Columbus
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital, 7 locations across the main campus
- Akron Children’s Hospital, on every level of Considine building, height-adjustable table on level 4
- Akron Children’s Beeghly (Boardman) campus, Buildings A & D. One will be installed in the new E.R. once renovations are complete.
- Dayton Children’s Hospital main campus, 2 on ground floor in family restrooms
- COSI Center of Science and Industry, Columbus (Coming soon)
- Delaware County Board of Developmental Disabilities
- Ohio State University Speech Language AAC Clinic
- Ohio State University Optometry Clinic
- Franklin Park Conservatory
- New Life Church, East Campus, Pataskala
- Vineyard Church, Columbus (low fixed height bench)
You must log in to post a comment.