UP-DATE: City Manager Dave Kennedy told Loveland Magazine on Wednesday, April 6, that because of the high winds over the weekend, “After the current brush run is complete, we will make another run through the entire city.”
Loveland, Ohio – The city’s spring brush pickup program will begin on Monday, March 14 and will run for five weeks. Brush must be placed at the curb no later than Sunday night of the scheduled week of each collection. The following will be the schedule for brush pickup:
March 14: Area of the City that has a Monday trash pickup.
March 21: Area of the City that has a Tuesday trash pickup.
March 28: Area of the City that has a Wednesday trash pickup.
April 4: Area of the City that has a Thursday trash pickup.
April 11: Area of the City that has a Friday trash pickup.
Guidelines for the brush pick-up program:
1. Limbs cannot exceed 10” in diameter at the cut section.
2. Small twigs and sticks should be bundled with twine in bundles 12” in diameter. Twigs or sticks can also be placed in a container at the curb, but no other yard waste should be in the containers. Please, no loose piles of sticks and debris.
3. Limbs should be placed at the curb with the cut section facing the street and all limbs should be facing the same direction. This makes it easier and faster to handle.
4. Brush must be placed at the curb or edge of roadway. Do NOT place brush in the roadway, gutter, ditches, or on sidewalks. Do NOT block fire hydrants.
5. No leaves, pine needles, grass clippings, or other yard waste will be collected.
Any material not meeting these requirements cannot be collected and will be left at the curb.
Wood chips will be available again this year at the Public Works Department, 10980 Loveland-Madeira Road. Anyone in the City who would like a full load of wood chips should call 513-707-1439.
Outside the regular pick-up schedule, residents are encouraged to come to City Hall to get a free voucher to drop off any yard waste to Evans Landscaping. The City also offers a second brush pick-up in the fall in addition to leaf collection.