A Sam Smith photo of Christmas in Loveland © 2016
Christmas in Loveland
December 14 from 4 to 9 PM
by Cassie Mattia
Loveland, Ohio – It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas….in Loveland! The Little Miami River Chamber Alliance is calling all Christmas fanatics to come and enjoy a beautifully decorated City of Loveland winter wonderland this Saturday, December 14th beginning at 4 PM!
Visitors will have the opportunity to take a carriage or a train ride as well as take part in complimentary tastings, festive crafts, and holiday beverages. Historic Downtown Loveland will feature some incredible Christmas entertainment at some of the local historic hot spots. Loveland City Hall will be transforming into “Whoville at City Hall” while the Loveland Stage Company will be offering free Christmas in Loveland shows at 5 PM, 6 PM and 7 PM. There will be several other Christmas spectacles in the center of town next to the live nativity scene and inside many of Loveland’s local businesses.
CeeCee Collins, President of the Little Miami River Chamber of Commerce, shared what visitors should expect this year at Christmas in Loveland. “There will be so many fun activities such as a caricature artist, singing with carolers, and meeting Elsa & Anna, just to name a few!” Collins added that Christmas in Loveland is truly a great event for many reasons one being that the event gives local businesses the opportunity to give back to everyone that has not only visited Historic Downtown but has made a significant effort to support the local businesses. “They truly appreciate everyone supporting local businesses and I hope they will continue to come back, especially now that all the businesses are re-opened (and more have been built) after the fire.”
Christmas in Loveland will feature different samplings throughout Downtown as well as several give-a-ways that all ages will be able to enjoy! This event will be held in any inclement weather so if you are planning on coming Downtown to celebrate be sure to bring rain and snow gear!
If you would like to learn more about Christmas in Loveland visit, www.lmrchamberalliance.org.
A Few Fun Facts About Christmas in Loveland
- The event takes place from 4-9 PM, Saturday, December 14.
- Train rides will be available at the Loveland Museum Center as well as a trolley that will take guests from Downtown Loveland to the museum.
- Maps of all the activities will be placed inside local businesses and by the clock tower in Downtown Loveland.
- The back portion of Railroad Avenue will be closed for horse-drawn carriage rides.
- You can line up for carriage rides on Railroad Avenue across from Lyle’s Bike’s, Brews & BBQ.
- A Holiday Trolley will be available to transport people to the Loveland History Museum from Harrison Avenue at no charge.
- Entertainment will be held in the center of downtown next to the fountain.
Not sure what to expect at Christmas in Loveland this year? Click below to view photos taken by Loveland Magazine Photographer Sam Smith of Christmas in Loveland in 2016.
Don’t forget to attend this FREE SHOW during your Christmas In Loveland visit!
Show Date: December 14, 2019 Director: Pat Furterer